The Azzad Mutual Funds
Halal Mutual Funds Offered by Azzad Asset Management
Azzad Asset Management is the sponsor of the Azzad Funds, a family of socially responsible, halal mutual funds. They are available on dozens of major brokerage platforms or directly through Azzad.
You can use the funds to invest for college, retirement, hajj, and other goals.
AZZAD WISE CAPITAL FUND
Income and Capital Preservation
The first halal fixed income fund in the United States, the Azzad Wise Capital Fund provides a viable fixed-income investment option that also contributes to global development.
The fund’s objective is long-term fixed income and capital preservation.
It aims to produce a return that is comparable to the return on bank accounts and other financial instruments without dealing in interest.
AZZAD ETHICAL FUND
The Azzad Ethical Fund is a growth-oriented stock fund and the only halal-screened mid-cap mutual fund in the U.S. (one that invests primarily in the common stocks of mid-cap companies).
The fund’s objective is long-term capital appreciation (growth), making it a sound investment to use in accounts for retirement, education, and other long-term goals.
Quarterly Azzad Funds Shareholder Letter
The first quarter of 2021 was an eventful one. Additional federal stimulus payments lined many pocketbooks; a group of amateur traders banded together through social media to drive shares of video game company GameStop to astronomical heights; interest rates jumped, stoking fears that inflationary pressures were rapidly building; and equities ultimately enjoyed robust returns. Tech shares, which had driven the market for much of 2020, slumped during much the quarter, but still gained enough ground to push higher by the end of March.
Local governments also began relaxing lockdown-related restrictions during the period, allowing more businesses the ability to return to a bit of pre-pandemic normalcy. Coupled with the added stimulus in the pockets of consumers, the market began to reflect a broader economic recovery that had previously been only hope. The structural gyrations from growth to value that the market had demonstrated in previous quarters finally began to take shape, as value indexes strongly outperformed growth indexes and small caps outperformed large caps.
Interest rates rose through much of the quarter, leading to negative returns in certain fixed income assets like U.S. investment grade corporate bonds, but halal fixed income proved resilient due to less sensitivity to longer term rate increases.
Looking ahead, the U.S. economy is likely to continue its progress as more vaccines are rolled out and more jobs are made available. Investors will continue to watch for signs of escalating inflation, despite the Federal Reserve’s forecasts to maintain interest rates at their present levels through 2023.
Thank you for your continued trust and investment.
How to Invest in Our Mutual Funds
You may invest in our mutual funds directly or through your preferred financial intermediary.
Accounts may be opened as:
- Individual and joint accounts
- Retirement accounts (a variety of IRAs, profit sharing and more)
- Custodial accounts (Coverdell, UGMA/UTMA)
- Trust accounts including living and irrevocable trusts
The Azzad Mutual Funds are available on many brokerage platforms and through many trust companies.
Contact your financial advisor if you do not see them listed below.
- ADP Broker-Dealer, Inc.
- Ameritas NTF N
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Cambridge Investment Research
- Capital One
- Ceridian Retirement Plan Services
- Charles Schwab & Company
- Comerica Bank
- CommonWealth NTF
- CommonWealth PPS
- CommonWealth Universe
- CRI Securities LLC
- DailyAccess Corporation FRIAG
- E*Trade Clearing
- Expert Plan, Inc.
- Fidelity Institutional FundsNetwork
- Fidelity Institutional FundsNetwork-NTF
- Fidelity Retail FundsNetwork
- Fidelity Retail FundsNetwork-NTF
- HD Vest Investment Services
- Hefren Tillotson
- Hewitt Financial Services
- HSBC Securities
- Legend Equities Corporation
- Lincoln Investment Planning
- Mid Atlantic Corporation (Paychex)
- MSCS Financial Services
- Nationwide Financial Services, Inc.
- Pershing LLC
- PJ Robb Variable Corp.
- Princeton Retirement Group
- Principal Securities
- Protected Investors of America NTF
- Reliance Trust
- RI Securities LLC
- Scottrade NTF
- Securian Financial Services
- Securities America, Inc.
- SEI Private Trust Company
- Stockcross Financial Services
- T. Rowe Price Investment Services
- TD Ameritrade
- TD Ameritrade Trust Company
- TransAmerica Financial Advisors
- Trust Company of America
- Vanguard Brokerage Services
- Voya Financial Partners, LLC
- Voya Institutional Plan Services, LLC
- Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company
- Wells Fargo, NA
- William Blair & Company
This list is continually updated. Please call your financial advisor to check the current status. Advisors may call 888-862-9923 to obtain a selling agreement with the Azzad Mutual Funds.
Forms & Literature
- IRA Beneficiary Designation Change
- IRA Distribution Form
- Mutual Fund Investment Account
- Traditional Roth Sep Rollover Retirement Application
- UTMA account application
- Azzad Funds Investment Slip
- Azzad Funds Transfer on Death Form
- Coverdell Set up Application
- Custodial Roth, Traditional IRA
- Electronic Funds Transfer Form
- HSA Application