The Azzad Mutual Funds
Halal Mutual Funds Offered by Azzad Asset Management
Azzad Asset Management is the sponsor of the Azzad Funds, a family of socially responsible, halal mutual funds. They are available on dozens of major brokerage platforms or directly through Azzad.
You can use the funds to invest for college, retirement, hajj, and other goals.
AZZAD WISE CAPITAL FUND
Income and Capital Preservation
The first halal fixed income fund in the United States, the Azzad Wise Capital Fund provides a viable fixed-income investment option that also contributes to global development.
The fund’s objective is long-term fixed income and capital preservation.
It aims to produce a return that is comparable to the return on bank accounts and other financial instruments without dealing in interest.
AZZAD ETHICAL FUND
The Azzad Ethical Fund is a growth-oriented stock fund and the only halal-screened mid-cap mutual fund in the U.S. (one that invests primarily in the common stocks of mid-cap companies).
The fund’s objective is long-term capital appreciation (growth), making it a sound investment to use in accounts for retirement, education, and other long-term goals.
Quarterly Azzad Funds Shareholder Letter
During a period marked by a resurgent pandemic and political uncertainty, the fourth quarter of 2020 was a robust one for stocks, with each of the major indexes posting double-digit gains. Despite the turmoil and early-year losses, all major benchmark indexes closed 2020 well ahead of their 2019 closing marks. On the last day of the year, the S&P 500 ended at an all-time high.
The November presidential election resulted in the defeat of President Donald Trump by former Vice President Joe Biden, with the post-election period dominated by attempts to overturn the results through federal courts and state legislatures. Nevertheless, positive news came at the end of the year with the development and initial dissemination of COVID-19 vaccines and additional legislation that provided $900 billion in pandemic-related stimulus. Those developments, coupled with a low interest-rate environment, made stocks a viable option.
Less uncertainly in the fourth quarter of 2020 supported the rally in emerging market fixed income, including in the sukuk sector. Putting the U.S. elections and Brexit negotiations in the rearview mirror had a positive effect on credit markets. Investors shifted their focus towards the recovery in the year ahead.
The new year brought with it a sense of hope for a return to some form of normalcy in our daily lives. Although that hope is now being tested in the aftermath of a riot at the U.S. Capitol during the January 6th certification of Joe Biden’s electoral victory, markets continue to show their resilience. Investors would be wise to stick to their strategic asset allocation and not attempt to make changes to a portfolio in anticipation of a specific event or outcome. Investing is a long-term proposition and requires patience.
Thank you for your continued trust and investment.
How to Invest in Our Mutual Funds
You may invest in our mutual funds directly or through your preferred financial intermediary.
Accounts may be opened as:
- Individual and joint accounts
- Retirement accounts (a variety of IRAs, profit sharing and more)
- Custodial accounts (Coverdell, UGMA/UTMA)
- Trust accounts including living and irrevocable trusts
The Azzad Mutual Funds are available on many brokerage platforms and through many trust companies.
Contact your financial advisor if you do not see them listed below.
- ADP Broker-Dealer, Inc.
- Ameritas NTF N
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Cambridge Investment Research
- Capital One
- Ceridian Retirement Plan Services
- Charles Schwab & Company
- Comerica Bank
- CommonWealth NTF
- CommonWealth PPS
- CommonWealth Universe
- CRI Securities LLC
- DailyAccess Corporation FRIAG
- E*Trade Clearing
- Expert Plan, Inc.
- Fidelity Institutional FundsNetwork
- Fidelity Institutional FundsNetwork-NTF
- Fidelity Retail FundsNetwork
- Fidelity Retail FundsNetwork-NTF
- HD Vest Investment Services
- Hefren Tillotson
- Hewitt Financial Services
- HSBC Securities
- Legend Equities Corporation
- Lincoln Investment Planning
- Mid Atlantic Corporation (Paychex)
- MSCS Financial Services
- Nationwide Financial Services, Inc.
- Pershing LLC
- PJ Robb Variable Corp.
- Princeton Retirement Group
- Protected Investors of America NTF
- Reliance Trust
- RI Securities LLC
- Scottrade NTF
- Securian Financial Services
- Securities America, Inc.
- SEI Private Trust Company
- Stockcross Financial Services
- T. Rowe Price Investment Services
- TD Ameritrade
- TD Ameritrade Trust Company
- TransAmerica Financial Advisors
- Trust Company of America
- Vanguard Brokerage Services
- Voya Financial Partners, LLC
- Voya Institutional Plan Services, LLC
- Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company
- Wells Fargo, NA
- William Blair & Company
This list is continually updated. Please call your financial advisor to check the current status. Advisors may call 888-862-9923 to obtain a selling agreement with the Azzad Mutual Funds.
Forms & Literature
- IRA Beneficiary Designation Change
- IRA Distribution Form
- Mutual Fund Investment Account
- Traditional Roth Sep Rollover Retirement Application
- UTMA account application
- Azzad Funds Investment Slip
- Azzad Funds Transfer on Death Form
- Coverdell Set up Application
- Custodial Roth, Traditional IRA
- Electronic Funds Transfer Form
- HSA Application